Team India is scheduled to play Australia in the final match of the World Test Championship beginning on June 7. The match will take place at Kennington Oval in London.
Team India will be aiming for their first ICC World Test Championship title when they take on Australia at The Oval beginning on June 7.
Notably, this will be India’s second appearance in the WTC finals after losing the inaugural tournament to New Zealand. India began play with a clean slate and proceeded to play outstanding red-ball cricket, ensuring that they once again secured the final spot in the Test championship.
On the other hand, Australia also performed admirably in the longer format of the game as they maintained their position atop the points tally.
The Australians will attempt to replicate the performances of Usman Khawaja, Steve Smith, Marnus Labuschagne, and Pat Cummins in the decisive championship match.
Here are some upcoming events in the WTC 2023 Finals between India and Australia:
- 1 – Pat Cummins (49) is one game away from appearing in 50 Test matches.
- 2 – Mitchell Starc (598) requires two scalps to get to 600 wickets in international cricket.
- 3 – Mohammed Siraj (47) needs three scalps to complete 50 wickets in Test cricket.
- 4 – Cummins (396) is four scalps away from completing the milestone of 400 wickets in international cricket.
- 69 – Ajinkya Rahane (4931) needs 69 runs to reach 5000 runs in Test matches.
- 21 – Virat Kohli (1979) needs 21 runs to reach the landmark of 2000 runs against Australia in Tests.
- 1 – David Warner (199) is one grab away from reaching 200 catches across formats.
- 3 – R Ashwin (697) requires three wickets to reach the milestone of 700 wickets across formats.
- 1 – Rahane (99) is one grab away from completing 100 catches in Tests.
- 9 – Virat Kohli (941) needs nine fours to get to 950 fours in the longest format of the game.
- 1 – Rohit Sharma (49) is one match away from appearing in his 50th Test.
- 110 – Shubman Gill (890) requires 110 runs to get to 1000 runs in Tests.
- 4 – Cummins (46) is four scalps away from completing 50 wickets against India in Test cricket.
- 6 – Starc (44) needs six wickets to get to 50 wickets against India in Test matches.
- 3 – Green (97) requires three fours to complete 100 fours in Test cricket.